If you are facing a problem, the Kodi addon installation failed. Don’t worry because you are in the right place. In this troubleshooting guide, I will show you how to fix Failed to install a dependency on Kodi. When you install any addon, it will show that the associated dependencies cannot be installed.
Kodi is one great media player that not only presents the local media on your device area but also streams online content from nearby the world. Third-party Kodi add-ons make Kodi marvelous. These add-ons retrieve your favorite content streams from several servers allowing you to play them online. But, addons don’t work after shutting down. They rely massively on external services called ‘dependencies.’
Almost all the add-ons need the dependencies to scrape the internet and retrieve the Redux, Covenant, Yoda, or any other, the necessary dependencies are also installed (if they aren’t already installed). Though, if at least one dependency fails to install, Kodi gives the error, ‘failed to install a dependency.’ you can’t install the addon either when the dependency wouldn’t install.
Ares Wizard Fix Failed to Install a Dependency on Kodi
I have faced the error Failed to Install a Dependency a few times, and after having tried various techniques, I have got some troubleshooting ideas. Follow:
1. Clear the Kodi Cache
Removing the cache on Kodi helps you fix the error of Kodi failing to install a dependency.
Ares Wizard is the best way to clear the cache. If you don’t have the Ares Wizard addon yet, install it first by clicking on this link: Ares Wizard installation. It is an excellent tool. after installing follow the steps:
1. Launch the Ares Wizard addon, you have to go to Kodi Home Screen > Add-ons > Program Add-ons to open Ares Wizard Addon.
2. When the wizard opens, click the ‘Maintenance’ button on the top menubar.
3. On the next page, click ‘Delete Cache/Temp’.
4. You will get a message after deleting the cache, click ok.
2. Clear the Kodi Data
Sometimes, clearing the cache doesn’t work. Several times, failing to install a dependency is more unreasonable and doesn’t go away by simply deleting the cache. The other option is that uninstall the Kodi app and install it again.
You can reset Kodi’s data on this device from the Settings menu.
1. Launch Ares Wizard and click on the ‘More’ button on the top of showed navigation bar.
2. Now, click on the ‘Erase all Data/Fresh Start’ from the given list on the page, as you can see in the image.
3. Click on the Yes button.
4. Next, select whether you would like to recall your favorites, sources, and addon settings and click on Proceed button to continue
it may take a few minutes.
3. Remove and Reinstall the Kodi Database
Kodi’s database stores a lot of stuff together in Kodi, and when it gets corrupt, you start facing errors you have never seen before, such as “Kodi installation failed.”
Fixing the Kodi database could magically help you get relieved of many such issues almost immediately. The good thing is that the corrupt database does not stop you from using Kodi. You only see any errors.
Here’s how you can remove the Kodi database:
1. Go to the Kodi home screen and click on the Setting icon.
2. Next, click on File manager.
3. Click on the Profile Directory option on the right sidebar.
4. Now, Click on the Database.
5. Now, choose ‘Addons27.db’ and click the appropriate button/key to make up the contextual pop-up menu (for instance, right-click on Windows PC). Now, click ‘Delete’ on the pop-up window.
6. Click on the Yes button to confirm.
7. Now, exit Kodi and relaunch it. Try to install it again; the addon you were trying to install previously when you operated into the failed to install dependency error, or the Dependency could not be satisfied.
‘Kodi dependencies not met’ is another typical dependency-related error, and it would be negligent of me not to touch upon it. This problem occurs because your Kodi does not update, so update it.
4. Check the Kodi Log File
If nothing works, I would suggest you see the Kodi error log file at last. Kodi log will help you decide what’s precisely producing the problem.
Kodi has a few add-ons that help you view the log and even upload it online. While viewing the log, search for the failed to install a dependency error message. Even if you are not able to figure out the root cause of the problem, you can share the log file, and the Kodi experts will be able to help you better.
Conclusion: Kodi the dependency could not be satisfied
I hope this article solved your problem- Kodi failed to install a dependency. This error occurs for some reason. But with the help of Ares Wizard, failure to install a dependency can be solved.