How to Install Kodi On Amazon Firestick Or On FireTVStick Without PC and with PC: Kodi is a very popular media player, which is used by millions of people all over the world. This app is designed to convert your device into the media center. But, Kodi is not available officially on all platforms.
If you want to know how to install Kodi on a firestick TV and computer then you are in right place.
You can download Kodi from Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Windows Store. But, Amazon Store does not feature it yet. This is why we need to sideload it on Amazon devices like FireStick and Fire TV. In this article, we will learn how to install Kodi on Amazon FireStick and FireTV. Keep reading!
How to Install Kodi On Amazon Firestick
Before we proceed, we will need to make one small change to the security setting. Since Kodi is yet not available on Amazon Store, it is considered as a third-party app from an unknown source. FireStick will install this app only when you have enabled the option called Apps from Unknown Sources.
ENABLE APPS FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES:
So, Here is how you can do that:
- From the FireStick home-screen hover (Move your cursor) over ‘Settings’ on the menu bar on the top, and open ‘My Fire TV’ from the options.
- Click ‘Developer Options’
- Select ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and turn it ON.
- When the warning message appears, click ‘Turn on’ to confirm your action.
Now you can install any third-party app to your device.
Once you have installed Kodi on FireStick, disable this option again.
METHOD 1: HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON Amazon Fire TV with Downloader App
The easiest way is to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV or Firestick TV Stick devices. Again, we have a detailed guide on how to set up Kodi on FireStick without a computer.
What you need is the Downloader app to side-load the third-party apps. So, first of all, install the Downloader app from the Amazon App Store.
Check How to Install Downloader App on Fire TV Stick. Click Here
Direct Downloader App Link: Click Here
Here is the process to download the Downloader app for FireTVstick.
- From the home screen of Firestick, You can see the search option on the top left side, click on the search icon.
- Type “Downloader” in the search option and search it.
- On the next screen, you will see many apps click on the Orange one as given below.
- Now click the OK button on your remote and then download will start.
- When downloading will complete then open it, and it will ask for the media permission Allow it.
- Click the OK button on the remote to open the keyboard and type in the address for Kodi 18.9 which is: thefiresticktv.com/kodi18
- Click the OK button and then pop up will open, click Install on the Kodi setup page, and downloading will start.
- Now you the Installation has completed, Now go to the main page of Firestick, and under Apps & Channels, category clicks the “See All” button, Where you could see the Kodi App.
- Launch the Kodi app and then Click Continue and click Allow for permissions.
If the Downloader app does not appear, you will either need to change the country in your Amazon account to the United States or sign in with a new Amazon account with the country set as the United States. You may also choose the UK and some other countries where the Downloader app is available.
When you have the downloader app, open it, and select ‘Browser’ on the left sidebar. In the address bar enter the following URL: thefiresticktv.com/kodi18
Now simply click the Download link and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
Now you have successfully found the answer to How to Setup Kodi on Firestick.
METHOD 2: HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK WITH PC/COMPUTER:
You can install Kodi on FireStick easily with a computer. I will give you a brief introduction to the process.
ON Your FireStick: The first thing you need to do is install ES File Explorer on your FireStick or Fire TV device. You can download it from the Amazon Store.
Select the search icon on the home screen and type in the name of the app (ES File Explorer). From the search results, select ES File Explorer and follow the onscreen instructions to install this app.
Launch the app once it is installed. Expand the ‘Network’ menu on the left sidebar and click ‘Remote Manager’.
Now click the ‘Turn on’ button. You will see an FTP address.
On Computer: Open any folder on your Windows or Mac computer, such as Documents or My PC. Enter the FTP address that appeared on the ES Explorer in the address bar of the computer’s folder and press enter.
You will now see all your FireStick files and folders on the computer including the ‘Download’ folder
Download the Kodi APK file on your computer from the following link: link
Copy this file onto the ‘Download’ folder of FireStick.
you are accessing from your computer.
On FireStick: Open Remote Manager again on ES File Explorer and now you can ‘Turn off the connection if you want.
Now navigate to the Download folder. Run the Kodi APK file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app.
So, this is how you install Kodi on Amazon FireStick using a computer and without a computer. If the Downloader app is not available in your region and you don’t want to change the country settings, you may also side-load the app. You may also use ES File Explorer to install third-party apps. Contact us for more information and queries.