If you are a Firestick TV device user, you need to jailbreak your Firestick because it expends features. After jailbreaking, you can install popular streaming apps for free movies, TV shows, kids Zone, News, Live TV, Sports, and multiple categories. This method works on FireStick 4K, Fire TV, new FireStick Lite, Fire TV Cube, etc.
So in this article, I will tell you, Why we need and how to jailbreak Firestick. And also tell you is jailbreaking firestick Safe? Let’s know it.
What is a FireStick Jailbreak?
Jailbreak may be a simple process of unlocking your FireStick and allowing yourself access to the bottomless pool of content on the web. Once you jailbreak your FireStick, you pass the restrictions on your device.
The FireStick jailbreak involves the installation of third-party applications and services that aren’t included in the Amazon App Store.
You’ll consider the jailbreaking process as bringing down the wall that stands between you and unlimited entertainment.
Why do you jailbreak FireStick 4K or other models?
The answer to the present question is quite simple. You jailbreak your FireStick to enjoy unlimited/free streaming without spending money.
Jailbreaking brings all the web streaming content within your easy reach. It unlocks the true potential of your FireStick device. Whether you wish to observe Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Sports, or simply about anything, jailbreaking makes it possible for you.
With a jailbroken FireStick, you’ve instant access to whatever you want to observe. You would like to jailbreak your Amazon Fire Stick because that creates you a cord-cutter within the true sense.
Is it Safe & Legal to jailbreak FireStick?
Its answer is, Yes!
Jailbreaking FireStick is safe and legal if you’re not streaming copyrighted content. It’s safe because it doesn’t involve making any changes to the system files of the OS of your device. It’s not like hacking an Android mobile or jailbreaking iOS.
you are doing not need immediate access to your FireStick OS for jailbreaking. You’re not manipulating any core-level files. These things require a particular level of technical expertise. However, as I said, jailbreaking FireStick doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
As for the legality, jailbreaking is 100% legal. You own the device, and you’re liberal to do whatever you wish with it. You’re simply downloading some apps, which are already employed by millions.
It doesn’t even void the warranty of your device. Amazon also allows you to sideload such apps. However, there’s a word of caution for you.
Jailbreaking in itself is legal. But, you’re installing third-party apps that offer access to available content. These aren’t your regular apps from the Amazon App Store. Don’t overstep the legal boundaries by streaming copyrighted content. Always use VPN to stream, so don’t get any problems.
How to Jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick?
Step 1: Install APK Downloader on FireStick
We have to install APK Downloader because we need to install some apps through this.
1. First of all, you have to go to the home screen of your FireStick TV.
2. Now, look for the Find option on the home screen. It may change in some versions. So you can click on the Search option if you don’t see the find option.
3. When you click on the Search option, a window will open where you can search apps. Now type the Downloader App or simple Downloader and search. You will see the results.
So click on Downloader from the result window.
4. Click on the Downloader app in the next window.
5. Now, click on this page’s Download button.
6. Wait for some time, Downloader app will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Now launch this app by clicking on the Open button.
7. It displays some windows for the first time. You can read or dismiss them.
When you are on the home screen of the downloader app, you will see a window like this. Click on URL Field or search Term, but before jailbreaking fire TV stick, you must enable some settings.
Step 2: Setting Up the Fire Stick for Jailbreaking
First, you would like to tweak a setting Fire TV Stick to permit the jailbreak process to figure. This native setting is all you would like to tweak to urge started. You’re NOT manipulating any OS core files. This jailbreak hack is more accessible than most people think. You don’t even need a computer. All you would like is your FireStick, its remote, and an online connection.
1. Start the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The home screen loads up in a few seconds.
2. Now, click on the Setting icon from the right side of the panel. The settings icon may be in different places in some versions.
3. Now, Select the option My Fire TV from the list.
4. Now, click on Developer Options on this page.
5. Switch ON the ADB Debugging option.
6. Now, click on Install unknown apps.
This action allows you to download apps from outside the Amazon App Store.
7. Click on the Downloader option and turn it ON.
8. Press the back button on the remote of the Amazon Fire TV.
After clicking on the back button, you will arrive on set again.
Click to open the Preferences option.
9. Now, Open Privacy Settings.
10. Turn OFF the following two options to stop sharing the data usage after you jailbreak FireStick in the Privacy Settings
- Device Usage Data
- Collect App Usage Data
11. Press the back button once. It would help if you went to the Preferences window
Click on Data Monitoring
12. Now, turn OFF the Data Monitoring option.
Step 3: Jailbreak Firestick
We’ll start installing different streaming apps, beginning with Kodi 18. If you’re not aware, Kodi may be a media application that provides you access to the big world of free entertainment.
It allows you to watch your favorite movies, shows, channels, Sports, teenagers’ content, and many more. Yes, you’ll stream anything you would like. All you would like is the correct Kodi Addons and Builds.
We will jailbreak FireStick with the help of Kodi using the Downloader app.
1. Now, Open the Downloader app. Click the URL field where it says HTTP://
2. Now, enter this URL: Kodi.tv/download.
on the URL field carefully. Check once it is correct.
Now, click GO
3. Wait for some time; the Downloader app to download the Kodi.
4. Now we have to install Kodi. Select the Install button and click on it.
5. Wait for some time. The Kodi APK will be installed in a few seconds.
6. After some time, you will see a notification of successful installation.
Great! Now your FireStick is jailbroken.
Now, you can open it with the Open button if you want to open it later. Then you have to go to the home page and find Kodi on the apps & channel list.
7. As you can see below the image, this is what Kodi looks like.
1. How to Jailbreak Firestick?
Ans. There are three significant steps to Jailbreak Firestick:
1. Install APK Downloader on FireStick
2. Setting Up the Fire Stick for Jailbreaking
3. Jailbreak Firestick
2. Is it Safe & Legal to jailbreak FireStick?
Ans. Yes! It is safe and legal to jailbreak Firestick. But you have to use a VPN for streaming.